Re: 2.26 release blockers?

On Thu, 6 Jul 2017, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:

> On Thursday 06 July 2017 02:45 AM, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> > I'd like to nominate the HPPA pthread fixes (BZ #21016;
> > https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2017-06/msg00174.html and
> > possibly more) on the basis that we shouldn't leave HPPA broken for
> > multiple releases in a row.  (Or am I misremembering that 2.25 went
> > out the door with this broken?  Regardless.  It's been broken for at
> > least six months.)
>
> This is OK as a blocker.  The only question I have is whether John
> Anglin has a copyright assignment (I don't have access to the copyrights
> file) but since that patch is in v4 I assume that has been cleared
> already.  If not, Joseph or Carlos should be able to confirm the
> copyright assignment status.

I don't see such an assignment.  (There's an employer disclaimer for ANY
BINUTILS GCC, assignments for BINUTILS GCC COREUTILS GDB DEJAGNU
AUTOCONF.)

The FSF now allows assignments to be done electronically, without mailing
bits of paper around, worldwide, but I don't know how long it takes.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com