Re: 2.26 timeline

On Thu, 1 Jun 2017, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:

> On Thursday 01 June 2017 02:50 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> > I expected a freeze at July 1st and a release at the beginning of
> > August.  I don't have a problem with the new schedule, though.
>
> Oh I did not mean to propose a new schedule, I went by the fact that
> previous freezes were in June and release scheduled towards mid-July,
> eventually making it by the end of July.
>
> August release is fine for me too.

I think we should keep to the cycle of freezes on 1 January and 1 July
with releases (subject to any regressions, ABI issues etc. delaying the
release) on 1 February and 1 August or as soon as possible thereafter.
Which in practice means substantial changes should be posted for review
well before 1 July, simply to allow time for revisions and for the review
process to reach consensus.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com