Re: Ping: [Patch] aarch64: Thunderx specific memcpy and memmove

On Wednesday 03 May 2017 07:31 PM, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> if it turns out that a single generic memcpy does not work
> it makes more sense to me to organize the code differently:
> if we expect the generic memcpy to diverge from the thunderx
> one then it's better not to use the same code with ifdefs, but
> keep them separate, so the thunderx variant can be maintained
> independently by whoever cares about thunderx.

If that is the case then I think Steve might be better off posting a
patch with the thunderx implementation being independent of the stock
aarch64 implementation while Wilco does his investigation.  That way we
don't scramble for a patch late in the 2.26 cycle - there's about a
month and a half left.

Siddhesh