Re: Documenting the (dynamic) linking rules for symbol versioning

On 04/19/2017 11:07 AM, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) wrote:
> The documentation around symbol versioning as used by the glibc dynamic
> linker (DL) is currently rather weak, and I'd like to add some pieces to
> various man pages (ld.so(8), dlsym(3), and possibly others) to improve
> this situation. Before that though, I'd rather like to check my
> understanding of the rules.

This is great!

Can I make one simple request?

Please post all of your test case and we help you get them checked into
glibc's regression testsuite so we don't change any of the behaviour you
have documented without noticing it.

I'd like us to agree to ensure we cover everything you mention in a
regression test.

Carlos.