Why was the reallocarray function not added to glibc?

The reallocarray function is a useful function that originates from OpenBSD and that checks for overflow when (re)allocating memory. I saw in the mail archives that a patch that implements reallocarray was already contributed in May 2014.

Here is the link: https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-05/msg00481.html

However this patch was never applied even though I could not find any real
objections in the mail archives.

Is there any reason to not add reallocarray to glibc? If not, should the patch
linked above be applied?

Dennis Wölfing