Aarch64 machine maintainership (was: Add ifunc memcpy and memmove for aarch64)

On Thursday 16 March 2017 05:22 AM, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> I checked this patch in after moving the HWCAP_CPUID to bits/hwcap.h
> and adding an include of sys/auxv.h to cpu-features.c to get the value.
> When I added an include of bits/hwcap.h directly I got an error about
> including auxv.h instead of hwcap.h.

Technically you still needed to get an ack from Marcus who is the only
machine maintainer for aarch64.  Practically though, the patch is fine
and it appears that Marcus hasn't had the time to review the patch and
it doesn't make sense to wait too long for something that has had
all-round consensus.

That said, it would be nice to have one of two things happen going forward:

Either Marcus names one or more machine maintainers for aarch64 that
have the bandwidth to review and approve aarch64 patches for glibc.  I
would like to propose Adhemerval as an aarch64 machine maintainer too
since he has the necessary experience in glibc and also the involvement
in aarch64 work.

Alternatively, make aarch64 patch review open like x86.  This might be
the way forward given that aarch64 development interests are getting
increasingly diverse (probably more so than x86) and it may become quite
difficult for a single maintainer from ARM to gate everything that goes in.

Siddhesh