Re: Pre-approval for #include adjustments to the testsuite

On Thu, 16 Feb 2017, Zack Weinberg wrote:

> You get the idea.  To reduce churn and make the core patch easier to
> review, I would like to commit changes like these piecemeal, ahead of
> the main patch.  So I'm asking for blanket pre-approval to commit
> additions and/or removals of #include lines to files that are part of
> the testsuite, making no other changes.  Is that OK?

We already have
<https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Consensus#Trivial_Bug-Fix_Changes>
"Anyone can commit a change adding missing #include directives where it is
clear what the right header is for functionality used in a source file.
Post the patch and ChangeLog to libc-alpha with a short message and then
push the commit.".  The intent was for the situation "code compiles on one
architecture where the sysdeps headers include the required header
indirectly, doesn't compile on another architecture where the sysdeps
headers don't have that include".  But I think it's equally reasonable to
apply it to cases where code is relying on implicit inclusions by wrapper
headers.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com