Re: 2.25 freeze status

On 01/26/2017 11:06 PM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The release date of 1 Feb is upon us and there are 3 release blockers
> that haven't been resolved yet:
>
> - global-dynamic TLS broken on aarch64 and others

As Florian and Szabolcs note there is a relatively straight forward fix
for this, and we should just commit it while I continue review.

> - Fix for bug 20019 causes linker errors for shared libraries using
>   longjmp

I think we should remove bug 21041 from the blocker list.

Whatever we might think about the seriousness of the issue, it has existed
for 4 or 5 releases and few people have run into it, which means we have
time to fix it i.e. not a blocker.

> - tunables: insecure environment variables passed to subprocesses with
>   AT_SECURE
>
> I've got the tunables one and I hope to post a patch by tonight, latest
> by tomorrow morning.  What is the status on the other two?

OK.

So I think we're almost done on the blocker front.

> Also, assuming that these fixes go in next week, would arch maintainers
> like another week to run a final set of tests before I cut the release
> branch?  If not then I'll simply cut the release 2 days after the
> release blockers are resolved.  If yes then I'll cut the release 7 days
> after the current release blockers are resolved.

No, I don't think we need the extra time. We should just stick to our
schedule. I'll run multiple arch testing on Monday.

Carlos.