Re: Update copyright dates not handled by scripts/update-copyrights [committed]

On Mon, 2 Jan 2017, Torvald Riegel wrote:

> So, who should this go to at the FSF side?  maintainers@gnu.org?

bug-standards is the relevant public mailing list.  (In practice it's RMS
and Karl Berry who maintain the GCS, I think.)

> Do you want to start this discussion?  Or can I just copy-and-paste what
> you wrote above?

I suggest you start it.

> Regarding the legal considerations, do we need anything else beyond the
> FSF's opinion on this?

It's a matter of persuading the GCS maintainers to change the
requirements.  Presumably if they are persuaded that the change makes
technical sense they'll take any legal advice needed.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com