Re: Ping: ILP32 on aarch64 patches

* Steve Ellcey <sellcey@caviumnetworks.com> [2016-12-28 10:17:50 -0800]:
> I would still like to check in ILP32 support for aarch64 before the
> code freeze deadline.  I haven't gotten any objections to the last
> two patches that I submitted:
>
> 	https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2016-12/msg00744.html
> 	https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2016-12/msg00778.html
>
> Can I check these in?  Cc'ing the aarch64 machine maintainer and the
> release manager.

the aarch64 maintainer is Marcus Shawcroft

these patches contain kernel abi details which should
ideally be tested and acked by linux devs as described in

https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/12/5/333

so only merge after both glibc and linux are ok with the abi.
(i think glibc is ok with the abi, but the linux maintainers
haven't finished review and testing yet.)