Re: rename consolidation question

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016, Steve Ellcey wrote:

> When you say the next release do you mean the one being worked on now
> (2.25) or the one after that?  We need some type of rename patch to
> support ILP32 on aarch64 and I am still hoping to get support for ILP32
> checked in for 2.25.

One of the messages from ARM kernel people (which never reached the
libc-alpha list, I think) indicated they thought it shouldn't go into
glibc until they'd re-surveyed users to establish if ILP32 support is
still wanted.  Do you expect that work on establishing the desirability of
ILP32 support in the kernel and glibc to be done in time for 2.25?

https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/12/5/333

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com