Re: ILP32 for ARM64: testing with glibc testsuite

On 11/24/2016 09:59 AM, Yury Norov wrote:
On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 08:36:16AM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
On 11/24/2016 06:15 AM, Yury Norov wrote:

Conform tests fail most probably because I have vanilla headers at
standard paths (/usr/include). Modified headers are under different
testing location. Steve also tested it, and he has modified headers at
/usr/include, and he doesn't see failures of conform tests. I don't
think that kernel or wrong ABI caused this regression. Most probably
it's configuration issue. I also think that glibc should take headers
>from testing directory, not from standard paths. For me it's dangerous
to replace standard headers with untested ones. Is there some option
in glibc testsuite configuration to provide path to headers explicitly?

There is something peculiar with your test setup, I think.  The conform
tests do not do that for me.  How do you configure, build, and test glibc?

This is my makefile to build it.
https://github.com/norov/build-glibc

If you have thoughts how to make it work right, I'll be really
appreciated.

Are you cross-compiling? I did not expect that. I thought native development was possible on aarch64 now.

The instability in the malloc tests need investigation as well.  If you run
this on a simulator, you need to increase the test timeout.

I run it on qemu. It doesn't look like instability. malloc tests
always fail on vanilla glibc, and always pass on patched one, for me.

Have you tried to increase test timeout?

Andrew has it passed for vanilla glibc as well.

Does Andrew use QEMU as well?

elf/* tests fail only in ILP32 mode. We tracked it down to the linker
problem that replaces accesses to TLS with direct address calculation
if possible, and does it wrong for ilp32. This is definitely a linker
problem, and ABI and kernel are not involved here.

The elf/check-localplt failure may have a different cause.  What does the
test report in the .out file?

yury@yury-N73SV:~/work/glibc-img/lp64.build$ cat ./elf/check-localplt.out
Extra PLT reference: libc.so: renameat

Seems yes, it doesn't look like a TLS problem. I'll check it.

Thanks.

Florian