Re: glibc 2.25 development --- 46 days to freeze.

> Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh@gotplt.org> writes:
>> In fact, would it be more productive to tweak the current workflow
>> a bit so that translators can pull directly from git instead of
>> using tarballs?

The translators themselves don't use tarballs, they only use PO files.
The TP extracts the POT files from a tarball, remerges the existing PO
files at the TP against them, and delivers these newer PO files to the
translators.  Translators thus only need to have access to email and
an editor -- nothing else.  You want them to have git installed?  And
to know how to handle it?  Sure, quite a few will know.  But it would
break their workflow, and mine.

So, if it's not too much trouble, please keep providing a URL of a
snapshot tarball on alpha.gnu.org (or somewhere else) and send that
URL to the coordinator at the TP, so that I can just run my two or
three scripts, and all runs smoothly.

Benno