GLIBC bug list on sourceware.org

Hi all,

As Joseph has pointed out earlier in IRC, sourceware.og just surpassed
1000 registered bugs [1].  And this list only increases over time.

I cracked down by category and current list (when this mail was crafted,
Oct-20) is:

Component		# Bugs
libc			220
dynamic-link		96
network			94
localedata		93
nptl			79
manual			55
locale			52
build			46
stdio			45
math			43
malloc			33
string			26
regex			24
time			24
nscd			18
librt			12
glob			11
nss			11
admin			7
hurd			4
nis			4
soft-fp			2
buildbot		1

Also, as Joseph has commented on IRC and I agree with him, the expectation is
that fewer than half the bugs are actually genuine issues that are hard to fix;
maybe fewer than 200. There are lots that should be easy to fix (or easy for
someone familiar with the relevant architecture, in some cases), and probably
a fair number that are really feature requests that need consensus to be
reached.

So I think a initial triage to check for actual bugs with some ping to get
consensus can help on get this under control.  My idea is to use this thread
to reference bugs that might not be real issues to ask for a second look and
thus close them.

Another following idea is to also prioritize the bugs issues once the triage
is done.

Any thoughts, ideas, advices?

[1] https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=SUSPENDED&bug_status=WAITING&bug_status=REOPENED&limit=0&list_id=32453&order=component%2Cchangeddate%2Cproduct%20DESC%2Cbug_id%20DESC&product=glibc&query_format=advanced