Y2038 work branch in the official GLIBC git repo?

Hi,

I would like to make experimental work for Y2038 GLIBC available for
others to see, try and comment.

I see there are lots of branches already in the official repo at
git://sourceware.org/git/glibc.git.

Would it be possible to create one for y2038 work? Apparently, many of
the existing branches are of the form 'nickname/topic' or even
'nickname/topic/subtopic'; It would be perfect if I could follow the
same convention, and create branches like 'aaribaud/y2038[/whatever]'.

Is this possible? If so, how should I proceed?

Thanks in advance!

Cordialement,
Albert ARIBAUD
3ADEV