Re: Contributing to the glibc Project

Hi Nam-goo Lee,

Thanks for taking interest in working with glibc. At this link [1]
you will find a descriptive checklist of what is required and
suggested to do before starting send patches to libc-alpha.  Pay
special attention at item '9. FSF copyright Assignment' since
without it we can't take your contributions.

Regarding your specific interest, in fact there are multiple
string implementation for ARM:

$ find sysdeps/arm/ -iname 'str*' -o -iname 'mem*'
sysdeps/arm/armv6t2/memchr.S
sysdeps/arm/armv6t2/strlen.S
sysdeps/arm/memusage.h
sysdeps/arm/memcpy.S
sysdeps/arm/memset.S
sysdeps/arm/memmove.S
sysdeps/arm/strlen.S
sysdeps/arm/armv7/multiarch/memcpy_impl.S
sysdeps/arm/armv7/multiarch/memcpy.S
sysdeps/arm/armv7/multiarch/memcpy_neon.S
sysdeps/arm/armv7/multiarch/memcpy_vfp.S
sysdeps/arm/armv7/strcmp.S
sysdeps/arm/armv6/strcpy.S
sysdeps/arm/armv6/strchr.S
sysdeps/arm/armv6/strlen.S
sysdeps/arm/armv6/strrchr.S

For strlen we do have an armv6, armv6 thumb2, and the default one
which should work on minimum supported arm (armv5?).

Also note that for armv7+ we use ifunc to select of different
implementation for memcpy. One possible work I would suggest you
and use the memcpy* for amrv7 and create also a multiarch memmove
implementation based on current armv7 strategies, since armv7
still uses the default memmove.S implementation.

[1] https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Contribution%20checklist