Re: Lessons learned from compiler error/warnings tests

On Fri, 9 Sep 2016, David Malcolm wrote:

> (FWIW, I'd much prefer it if DejaGnu were implemented in Python rather
> than Tcl; writing and debugging .exp files below gcc/testsuite is one

QMTest was a test harness written in Python and avoiding various issues
with DejaGnu's design, though by now it looks rather dated and I expect in
the modern Python world lots of things would be done differently.  (Some
peculiarities of its design made it hard to fit in compiler tests that
test lots of things in the same compiler run, although there was an
emulation of running the GCC tests as they were at that time, and GDB
tests would have been particularly problematic.)  I think both DejaGnu and
QMTest have useful lessons in how to design test harness software.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com