Re: _IO_check_libio miscompiled on mips64el

On 06/04/2016 03:39 PM, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
Hi all,

The problem I report here looks like a GCC issue, but given it affects
the GNU libc, I am also asking for help here. I have found that the
function _IO_check_libio in libio/oldstdfiles.c is not compiled
correctly on mips64el-linux-gnuabi64 when using GCC >= 4.9. The
_IO_stdin_ symbol appears in the .data.rel.local section while I think
it should be in the data.rel section just like  _IO_stdout_ and
_IO_stderr_. This causes, among other things, lua to fail to work
correctly.

_IO_check_libio should do nothing at all because _IO_stdin_used is defined in all current binaries. If the definitions in oldstdfiles.c make *any* difference, this is (perhaps another) bug.

Does this mechanism work in previous GCC versions, i.e. _IO_stdin_used is defined there?

Thanks,
Florian