Re: Adding __float128 (i.e TS 18661-3)

On Thu, 5 May 2016, Joseph Myers wrote:

> Working out the exact set of additions to the ABI and the API is the most
> critical thing to get consensus on.

I should add: it's also the thing where it's most important to get views
from a range of glibc developers in the discussion, not simply to rely on
my views as libm maintainer of appropriate interfaces.  New interfaces,
especially large sets of new interfaces as here, are an area where a wider
consensus is desirable than just agreement of the relevant subsystem
maintainer with lack of specific objections stated by anyone else.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com