Re: RFC: GCC plugin to find encrypted function pointer calls in glibc

The only reason we have asm in those macros is because it's optimal.
The best thing would be if we could express the bit swizzling in C in
a fashion that (new enough) GCC could be relied upon to implement with
the same optimal instruction sequence.

Using an inline with __attribute__ ((always_inline, aldys_new_magic))
should be acceptable in libc-internal sources.  But it would be better
if you have us ways to do it with less magic rather than more.