glibc 2.24 --- Release on August 1st (hard deadline).

I would like to suggest that we release glibc 2.24 on August 1st
2016 and consider this a hard deadline.

This suggestion is strongly motivated by the accelerated Fedora 25
schedule which could use a stable glibc 2.24 released on August 1st
to synchronize with an Alpha Freeze on August 9th [1].

This request is not out of line with the expected schedule. The
glibc schedule is nominally February 1st / August 1st (after
having shifted it to avoid the holiday season, starting with 2.19
in 2014).

We are somewhat lax in the exact release date, but for the 2.24
release I'm asking that we be firm and release on August 1st. I'm
happy to help the RM review patches leading up to this point.

The 2.23 release was only 18 days behind the expected schedule,
but that's 18 days we will lose in 2.24 development.

Concerns?

Is everyone OK with an August 1st 2016 release date?

Carlos.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/25/Schedule