Re: Calling functions through a pointer of incorrect type

On Tue, 22 Mar 2016, Florian Weimer wrote:

> Just a sanity check: It is no longer acceptable glibc coding style to
> call functions through mismatching pointer types.  Correct?

I think more specific examples would help so we can see if there are
cleaner approaches that generate the same code.  (For example, it's
deliberate that in some places functions with incompatible C types but
compatible ABIs are aliased to each other.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com