Re: deprecated sunrpc and rpc/netdb.h

On Thu, 17 Mar 2016, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> to clarify: the *only* reason Gentoo didn't leave RPC disabled in glibc
> is purely because libtirpc isn't a full replacement.  as soon as that
> situation changes, RPC is being disabled in Gentoo's glibc.

When it's a full replacement, we should also work out how to stop as much
as possible of the deprecated code from being built at all for future
architecture ports (so that for ports whose lowest symbol version is
GLIBC_2.24 or whatever, the symbols don't exist in the glibc ABI even as
compat symbols and --enable-obsolete-rpc isn't allowed at all).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com