deprecated sunrpc and rpc/netdb.h

Hi,

I looked at the "open issues" when using tirpc and deprecating
sunrpc in glibc.

Roland McGrath brought already up the topic of the getrpcent
functions and the problem with NSS (between, we have the same
problem with the publickey functions, but it looks like nobody
is really using them today anymore).

After fixing some more libtirpc issues (I hope Steve Dickson
will accept them in the next days), I ended up with only two
main problems, for which you need to touch the applications
source code:
1. link everything additional against libtirpc. That's not
   a big issue
2. getrpcent(), or better, rpc/netdb.h.

That's the real problem. glibc is installing a dummy rpc/netdb.h.
This breaks nearly every application using rpc out there and needs
code changes. Since glibc installs a dummy rpc/netdb.h, it's not
even possible for tirpc, to provide their own version.

If there is a decission, that the getrpcent family will stay
in glibc because of NSS, we should change the glibc code to
not deprecate this functions and to not install a dummy
netdb.h.

Else I have no idea how to solve the rpc/netdb.h issue.

Any thoughts? I can try to make a patch, which does not
deprecate the getrpcent functions and not replace rpc/netdb.h
with a dummy version.

  Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)