Re: I nominate Florian Weimer as network component maintainer.

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> Stewards,
>
> I would like to nominate Florian Weimer from Red Hat as the component
> maintainer for network. Florian Weimer comes to the glibc community

I support this.  I look forward to seeing the open "network" bugs brought
under control over time (currently there are 83 of them, the third highest
number of any component after libc (203) and localedata (110) - and it
would not surprise me if this includes duplicates and invalid bugs where
we've simply lacked the expertise to reach a conclusion that a bug should
be closed), as well as improvements not related to specific open bugs.

We still need more people to step up to become glibc experts in other
areas (and having one maintainer in an area does *not* stop other people
from acting as experts in that area and becoming maintainers as well).
(And, in the case of "libc", people willing to tackle miscellaneous issues
all over the place.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com