Re: Last update to tzcode was 2015g?

On Wed, 9 Mar 2016, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> Joseph, Paul,
>
> I added tzcode/tzdata to the "Shared Source Files" list:
>
> https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/SharedSourceFiles#Tzcode
> https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/SharedSourceFiles#Tzdata
>
> Does that look correct?

Only partly.

For tzdata: it's not routinely merged from upstream at all since it's only
present as test inputs, and the wiki should emphasise that.

For tzcode: as timezone/README says, check ChangeLog for the version
merged from.  There is a complication: checktab.awk originally came from
tzcode, but now is part of tzdata instead (since 2014g).  As far as I can
see it's not used in glibc, so could actually be deleted.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com