Re: gnu-gabi group

On Feb 15, 2016, "H.J. Lu" <hjl.tools@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 7:37 AM, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com> wrote:
>> I, for one, have closed my Google account several Valentine's Days
>> ago, for privacy reasons, and this makes the archives of lists hidden
>> there unusable for me.

> Anyone can subscribe Linux-ABI group

I didn't say that was not possible, did I?

> and its archive is to open to everyone

I'm a bit surprised by that, since I recall having trouble accessing
archives of other google groups that I still happen to be in, much to my
disappointment.  Maybe it's not because of the account, whose lack
prevents me from even complaining to Google about being abusively
subscribed to lists I don't want to be in (nothing to do with the one
you proposed, mind you); it could be because I refuse to run proprietary
Javascript on my browser, or because I reject cookies and use Tor, and
so Google requires me to solve a CAPTCHA that I can't even see before it
might or might not grant me access to the archives.  Who knows?  The
important question is Why should we collective choose that over what
we're already using and that's aligned with the interests of our
community?

Free Software Evangelist|Red Hat Brasil GNU Toolchain Engineer