Re: malloc: performance improvements and bugfixes

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 07:22:32AM +0530, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On 26 January 2016 at 06:30, Jörn Engel <joern@purestorage.com> wrote:
> > Agreed.  I thought I mentioned that this is a braindump and not a
> > patchset for submission. ;)
>
> Thank you for doing this. There is however the issue of copyright
> assignment.  I don't have access to the copyright list, so could you
> (or Carlos, Joseph, etc.) please tell me if you have signed it?

I have not and will not.  Or at least someone with a silver tongue would
have to spend significant time explaining the advantages of copyright
assignment to me.

> Without that, not only is your work unusable for us (since it is a
> significant change), it also makes it difficult for someone with a
> copyright assignment to write an independent implementation since
> they're 'tainted' by your patch.

I guess that will be the end of it, then.  Bummer.

Jörn

--
The rabbit runs faster than the fox, because the rabbit is rinning for
his life while the fox is only running for his dinner.