Re: Close down glibc-sc mailing list.

On 01/20/2016 12:58 AM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On 19 Jan 2016 23:43, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>>>
>>> I agree. Although I don't see the need to devote a list to informal
>>> back-channel communication (I already get too much email like that as
>>> it is and I'm sure you do too...), there are occasions where such
>>> communication can be helpful. Perhaps we can suggest that FSF
>>> leadership simply contact us privately as needed if there's something
>>> that calls out for privacy. If they don't know offhand which of us
>>> would be best to contact about a particular matter, I suppose they
>>> can just contact (sigh) me.
>>
>> They should contact *anyone* who is a steward for the glibc project
>> (GNU project maintainer). Such a person will know how to reach
>> everyone else.
>
> what if we make the main contact point part of the current release
> manager's duties ?  e.g. Adhemerval Zanella is managing glibc 2.23,
> so he would be the contact, but as soon as the manager is picked for
> the 2.24 cycle, it'll pass on to that dev ?  i suspect it won't add
> anything for the most part, and most people wouldn't see any at all.

While the release managers are very responsible people I don't want to
make them secretaries to the responsible GNU maintainers. Several of us
have accepted the responsibility of the glibc project as part of the GNU
project. We should be dealing with anything that comes down the pipe :-)

Cheers,
Carlos.