Re: glibc 2.23 --- Hard freeze starting

On 01/20/2016 01:51 PM, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:

> Right, so then we need to enforce a policy of what is feasible to set as
> release blocker and what should be moved to the next one.  As you said,
> architecture-independent ABI should not be a blocker, so the patches for
> 'Fix ABI for external copies of string function inlines on AArch64'
> should be delay to 2.24.

I'm not sure that this follows from the discussion regarding
strlcpy/strlcat (which was about an enhancement, not a bugfix).  The
description here

  <https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2016-01/msg00170.html>

suggests very much that this is a genuine blocker bug because we would
otherwise ship with an incorrect ABI on aarch64.

Florian