Re: glibc 2.23 --- Starting soft/slush freeze

On 12-01-2016 10:25, Torvald Riegel wrote:
> On Mon, 2016-01-11 at 18:52 -0200, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> At stated in a previous message we are now in soft/slushy freeze mode.
>> Please do not commit new features other than the ones already reviewed.
>> If your new feature still needs review and was not listed in the releases
>> wiki as a blocker feature [2] it is unfortunately too late. Please defer
>> to glibc 2.23 when it opens.
>
> The barrier patch has been reviewed by Paul Murphy and tested by him on
> Power.  Paul said he might prefer if someone else reviewed it too,
> though.  Can this be considered reviewed then?

I will also check it on aarch64/arm today and I also would like to see it
on 2.23. The only bit I am not sure is the sparc stated by you it might
broke on newer implementation. Do you think we can get sparc parts done
and tested by the end of the week?

> Also, what about the list of desirable features?  I had assumed they are
> candidates for late commits too but will, unlike blockers, not block the
> release.

I see only the new barrier and condvar implementation as the desirable
features on this release. From your previous messages I see that condvar
is still showing some issues with your internal tests, so I take we might
delay to 2.24 (correct me if I am wrong).

If you see another features I would like to ask to add on the list.