Re: Clean up state on patchwork

On 25 Sep 2015 14:20, H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 1:55 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On 25 Sep 2015 20:36, Joseph Myers wrote:
> >> I've now cleaned up patchwork state for submitters with only a few patches
> >> in the alphabetical ranges I previously skipped.  The following submitters
> >> still have large numbers of patches which I have not attempted to go
> >> through and their patchwork entries still need cleaning up to make sure
> >> that only the most recent versions of uncommitted patches are listed, with
> >> others being marked as superseded / committed / ....
> >>
> >> Alexandre Oliva
> >> Andreas Schwab
> >> Andrew Pinski
> >> Florian Weimer
> >> H.J. Lu
> >> Ondrej Bilka
> >> Paul Pluzhnikov
> >> Stefan Liebler
> >> Torvald Riegel
> >>
> >> Would someone like to volunteer to clean up patchwork state for those
> >> submitters, or to do the next general cleanup of all pending patches in
> >> patchwork (say, once we have a system for most commits no longer to need
> >> to update ChangeLog or NEWS, and for automatically marking committed
> >> patchwork entries for patches whose git-patch-id corresponds with that of
> >> a commit, going through all the entries at that time to remove past
> >> entries that are committed or superseded)?
> >
> > i think they all have commit access to the glibc repo in which case they
> > should have access to the patchwork glibc instance in which case they
> > should be managing their patches themselves ?  if we can't get them to
> > do so, then we could just assign all patches to the person submitting
> > it and marked them as dropped ?  then it's back on them to make sure
> > their patches get merged.
>
> How do I manage my patches?

we're talking about this:
	http://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/glibc/list/
click "login" in the upper right corner to manage things

in your case, these are the lists of patches:
	http://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/glibc/list/?submitter=52
	http://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/glibc/list/?submitter=210

for ones that have been merged/etc..., the state should be updated to
reflect things.

> I have been pinging my patches for weeks with no luck.

updating patchwork doesn't mean patches get approved, but it does help
people see which ones are still pending when they're fishing about.
-mike