This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
dlopen "load order" ambiguity on POSIX tracker
- From: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 15:47:30 -0400
- Subject: dlopen "load order" ambiguity on POSIX tracker
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I've just posted the following on the POSIX issue tracker:
Ambiguity in dlopen's definition of "load order" for symbol resolution
At Carlos' request I'm starting a thread here on libc-alpha too since
the issue pertains to glibc's behavior. I think the current glibc
behavior is generally correct, but it would be nice to have input from
the glibc side. It's also possible that thought experiments about this
ambiguity will turn up weird corner case bugs in glibc, e.g.
interaction of the sort of example in this issue report with weak
definitions or references, STB_GNU_UNIQUE, visibility, or other odd
dynamic linker features outside the scope of POSIX.