Re: bug fixes prompted by recent Coverity scan

On 08/28/2015 05:49 PM, Paul Eggert wrote:

> Second, there's a lot of bureaucracy involved in getting obvious bugs
> like these fixed. The current distracting thread about ChangeLog style
> is a symptom of the problem.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience contributing.

The ChangeLog discussion was not entirely pointless.  I would not have
started it if the bug reference was not missing.  The posix_fallocate
bug would not have needed a bug report.

I'm not yet sure about the vfprintf bug.

> I can't help contrasting the somewhat offputting responses to my four
> glibc Coverity scan patches with the quite-friendly response I got from
> the gettext project when I filed the gettext-related patch upstream.
> Here's the entire interaction:
>
> I ran "git send-email --to=bug-gettext@gnu.org".
>
> Within a few hours, Daiki Ueno replied "Thanks, applied."

How can we import such patches in a way that the automated ChangeLog
merging kicks in?