This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix wordsize-32 mmap offset for negative value (BZ#18877)
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 10:44:07 -0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix wordsize-32 mmap offset for negative value (BZ#18877)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55DF6F59 dot 3000404 at linaro dot org> <20150827205128 dot GA2635 at altlinux dot org> <55DF7F32 dot 2010308 at linaro dot org> <20150827214836 dot GA2708 at altlinux dot org> <55DF980F dot 5090903 at linaro dot org> <20150828070525 dot GA9003 at altlinux dot org>
On 28-08-2015 04:05, Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 08:06:55PM -0300, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
>> On 27-08-2015 18:48, Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
>>> On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 06:20:50PM -0300, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
>>>> Thanks for the review, what about now:
>>>> [BZ #18877]
>>>> * posix/Makefile (tests): Add tst-mmap
>>> It's called tst-mmap-offset now.
>>> Do not forget about trailing dot.
>>>> * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/generic/wordsize-32/mmap.c (__mmap): Fix
>>>> offset calculation for negative values.
>>>> * posix/tst-mmap-offset.c: New file.
>>> Let's keep the list of files in some order.
>>>> --- /dev/null
>>>> +++ b/posix/tst-mmap-offset.c
>>>> @@ -0,0 +1,67 @@
>>>> +/* BZ #18877 mmap offset test.
>>>> + Copyright (C) 2015 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>>>> + This file is part of the GNU C Library.
>>> Contributed by me, 2015. :)
>> We do not use 'Contributed by' anymore, we use it the ChangeLog entry
>> (which I will add you as well).
>>>> +/* Check if negative offset are handled correctly by mmap. */;
>>> offsetS are.
>>> The trailing semicolon is not needed.
> LGTM, assuming these typos are corrected.
Pushed upstream as d3573f61aca67a398de7eaa7593d3973cb5fd154.