This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix broken overflow check in posix_fallocate
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>, Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 00:12:25 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix broken overflow check in posix_fallocate
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1440571321-20287-1-git-send-email-eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu> <55DD6115 dot 2040000 at redhat dot com> <55DFB8EB dot 5000005 at redhat dot com>
Carlos O'Donell wrote:
I think Paul is the only one
who does this
It's standard in many other GNU projects (e.g., gnulib, coreutils), and fits
well with the common Git style for commit messages. GCC and GNU Emacs
developers often use this style too, now, though not always.
It's a reasonable style and glibc should allow patches that use it, if only so
that it's one less thing for occasional contributors to worry about.