This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix wordsize-32 mmap offset for negative value (BZ#18877)
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 20:06:55 -0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix wordsize-32 mmap offset for negative value (BZ#18877)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55DF6F59 dot 3000404 at linaro dot org> <20150827205128 dot GA2635 at altlinux dot org> <55DF7F32 dot 2010308 at linaro dot org> <20150827214836 dot GA2708 at altlinux dot org>
On 27-08-2015 18:48, Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 06:20:50PM -0300, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
>> Thanks for the review, what about now:
>> [BZ #18877]
>> * posix/Makefile (tests): Add tst-mmap
> It's called tst-mmap-offset now.
> Do not forget about trailing dot.
>> * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/generic/wordsize-32/mmap.c (__mmap): Fix
>> offset calculation for negative values.
>> * posix/tst-mmap-offset.c: New file.
> Let's keep the list of files in some order.
>> --- /dev/null
>> +++ b/posix/tst-mmap-offset.c
>> @@ -0,0 +1,67 @@
>> +/* BZ #18877 mmap offset test.
>> + Copyright (C) 2015 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>> + This file is part of the GNU C Library.
> Contributed by me, 2015. :)
We do not use 'Contributed by' anymore, we use it the ChangeLog entry
(which I will add you as well).
>> +/* Check if negative offset are handled correctly by mmap. */;
> offsetS are.
> The trailing semicolon is not needed.