This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCHv3] PowerPC: Fix a race condition when eliding a lock
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: "Paul E. Murphy" <murphyp at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho <tuliom at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 15:25:59 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCHv3] PowerPC: Fix a race condition when eliding a lock
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55D742D3 dot 9050600 at redhat dot com> <1440439895-11812-1-git-send-email-tuliom at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <55DCD8CB dot 6000002 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
On 08/25/2015 05:06 PM, Paul E. Murphy wrote:
> The discussion this patch launched has been quite informative. Circling
> back to the patch; it should fix the bug in question while we determine
> how to improve the common code.
> My only trivial nit is the x86 version might benefit from a similar
> comment regarding concurrency, otherwise LGTM.
Thanks for the review Paul!
Yes, the x86 code needs the same treatment and I think we'll do that
next by fixing up all callers to use an inline function.