This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 5/8] Move i486/pthread_spin_trylock.S to pthread_spin_trylock.S
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 18:02:13 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 5/8] Move i486/pthread_spin_trylock.S to pthread_spin_trylock.S
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150826173721 dot GF21261 at intel dot com>
On Wed, 26 Aug 2015, H.J. Lu wrote:
> Since glibc doesn't support i386 any more, we can move
> i486/pthread_spin_trylock.S to pthread_spin_trylock.S
The i686 version wasn't just a #include - you're losing the HAVE_CMOV
define in this patch.
This illustrates the use of testing these patches by making sure that
stripped installed shared libraries (for each of i486, i586 and i686) are
identical before and after the patch series.
Joseph S. Myers