This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Detect and select i586/i686 implementation at run-time
- From: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 13:47:40 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Detect and select i586/i686 implementation at run-time
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150826155705 dot GA26329 at intel dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508261628130 dot 13146 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 12:31 PM, Joseph Myers <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Since glibc doesn't support i386 any more, you don't need both these files
> - just put the i486 version directly in sysdeps/i386/ (and in general, any
> i386 file overridden for i486 is dead unless some other file #includes it,
> and again subject to #includes i486 files can be moved directly into the
> i386 sysdeps directories).
Maybe, to reduce confusion, sysdeps/i386 should be renamed to
sysdeps/x86-32/ ? I know that might be a giant pain.