This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Detect and select i586/i686 implementation at run-time
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 16:31:01 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Detect and select i586/i686 implementation at run-time
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150826155705 dot GA26329 at intel dot com>
On Wed, 26 Aug 2015, H.J. Lu wrote:
> * sysdeps/i386/init-arch.h: New file.
> * sysdeps/i386/i486/init-arch.h: Likewise.
Since glibc doesn't support i386 any more, you don't need both these files
- just put the i486 version directly in sysdeps/i386/ (and in general, any
i386 file overridden for i486 is dead unless some other file #includes it,
and again subject to #includes i486 files can be moved directly into the
i386 sysdeps directories).
Joseph S. Myers