This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 2/7] Don't disable SSE in x86-64 ld.so
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 14:31:50 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/7] Don't disable SSE in x86-64 ld.so
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150825122223 dot GA1588 at gmail dot com> <20150825183521 dot 2898C2C3A73 at topped-with-meat dot com> <CAMe9rOrGNoUMu9=yhp3xrXTcy2CqG-BgVR26qw4O0pry_azM7g at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150825210854 dot AF8382C3A94 at topped-with-meat dot com> <CAMe9rOoLbnkEJiKQDcNPu=3CRsoraLHbinPnNAd5rXQqXafEWQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
I meant a comment for the CFLAGS-.os setting, but close enough.
However, the x86_64/Makefile bit needs a comment for its CFLAGS-.os
setting that explains why -mno-mmx is necessary in ld.so code.