This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Make strcmp optimized for SSE2 with unaligned load/store as default
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- Cc: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 22:45:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Make strcmp optimized for SSE2 with unaligned load/store as default
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMe9rOqgek-2_GfDeFYdHpHvvt0RodUCOBrb-0nKMiCEd62ycg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150825185920 dot 2DF5A2C3A73 at topped-with-meat dot com> <CAMe9rOr0_GpATYS8cYYZups3ti8eke9HCoiCpY3H6wXz5Y8WBw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150825192103 dot 768822C3A73 at topped-with-meat dot com> <CAMe9rOpa-k0jbPThPPn=hTwDQ7S1MokcGv71+vN9Wejy3inNwA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAKCAbMimO=bBY6P1y3rgT4Z6-EeyZVjPu6dhxALEeP8ifu7VCw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 03:34:33PM -0400, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 3:23 PM, H.J. Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > Here is the controversy :
> > https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2015-08/msg01039.html
> That's not an objection _to eliminating the difference between libc
> and ld.so_. It's a quibble about the default (for both). OndÅej
> really should have brought that up in its own thread.
No, this is proper thread as it concerns selecting implementation in
ld.so. Previously there was a slow one without sse2 that we want to
change so it would need same rationale, even if trivial.