This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Make strcmp optimized for SSE2 with unaligned load/store as default
- From: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 15:34:33 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Make strcmp optimized for SSE2 with unaligned load/store as default
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMe9rOqgek-2_GfDeFYdHpHvvt0RodUCOBrb-0nKMiCEd62ycg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150825185920 dot 2DF5A2C3A73 at topped-with-meat dot com> <CAMe9rOr0_GpATYS8cYYZups3ti8eke9HCoiCpY3H6wXz5Y8WBw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150825192103 dot 768822C3A73 at topped-with-meat dot com> <CAMe9rOpa-k0jbPThPPn=hTwDQ7S1MokcGv71+vN9Wejy3inNwA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 3:23 PM, H.J. Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Here is the controversy :
That's not an objection _to eliminating the difference between libc
and ld.so_. It's a quibble about the default (for both). OndÅej
really should have brought that up in its own thread.