This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 4/7] Replace %xmm8 with %xmm0
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 15:49:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/7] Replace %xmm8 with %xmm0
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150825122320 dot GC1588 at gmail dot com>
On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 05:23:20AM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> Since ld.so preserves vector registers now, we can use %xmm0 to avoid
> the REX prefix.
> OK for master?
Ok with this, but I send better memset implementation and could improve
it bit more. I will find it in archive and resend it.