This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: RFC: requiring GCC >= 4.7 to build glibc
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 15:32:26 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: RFC: requiring GCC >= 4.7 to build glibc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508201344140 dot 30940 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
Personally I'm fine with 4.7 or 4.8. I think the possible cleanups you've
identified are sufficient motivation to go to 4.7, but I'm not wholly
unsympathetic to those saying it's an impediment to them.