This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Proposed changes to Bugzilla components
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 13:28:13 +0200
- Subject: Re: Proposed changes to Bugzilla components
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508240921140 dot 30525 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On 08/24/2015 11:41 AM, Joseph Myers wrote:
These two a very difficult to tell apart:
> * network is "Any network-related functionality e.g. getaddrinfo etc.".
> Suggest changing "network-related" to "network-related or socket-related"
> (sockets may not strictly be networking, but this seems the best place for
> issues about generic socket functions).
> * nss "Name Service Switch.".
Mainly because network explicitly mentions getaddrinfo. It's also not
clear where to put resolv issues (but it could get its own component).
The miscellaneous component is also somewhat difficult to find in my
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security