This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 1/5] Clean pthread types namespace for all archs.
- From: Juan Manuel Torres Palma <j dot m dot torrespalma at gmail dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 09:44:34 +0900
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/5] Clean pthread types namespace for all archs.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1439217470-23427-1-git-send-email-j dot m dot torrespalma at gmail dot com> <1439217470-23427-2-git-send-email-j dot m dot torrespalma at gmail dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508132335460 dot 7713 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAD82F-pgh1-oGj7z0Ls2PDSL2iEGE=PC3KGRwoAHN+GVt_erWg at mail dot gmail dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508171432400 dot 29836 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
> Well, don't say $ARCH (just give the name that will be found within the
> sysdeps search path, allowing the possibility that in some cases this may
> depend on both the architecture and the OS)
Then should I add that comment to each architecture specific
thread-shared-types.h? I really don't get this. Could you give me an
2015-08-17 23:33 GMT+09:00 Joseph Myers <email@example.com>:
> On Mon, 17 Aug 2015, Juan Manuel Torres Palma wrote:
>> /* This file is required to have a shared types definition
>> * between POSIX threads and C11 threads. It allows to
>> * header files like pthread.h and thread.h to define their types
>> * with the same size and fields without corrupting namespaces.
>> * The interface is as follows:
>> * - $ARCH/bits/thread-shared-types.h. Defines specific arch
>> * structures for mutex and condvar. There is a single definition
>> * for each architecture. The macros defined are
>> * __PTHREAD_MUTEX_T_CONTENT and __PTHREAD_COND_T_CONTENT
>> * - bits/pthreadtypes-common.h. Works as a generic file that defines
>> * common pthread types like pthread_mutex_t and pthread_cond_t
>> * based on the arch specific definition included from
>> * thread-shared-types.h.
>> * - $ARCH/pthreadtypes.h. Include pthreadtypes-common.h to have access
>> * to pthread types and expose them for the other types and functions
>> * that require it.
>> Is anything like this suitable?
> Joseph S. Myers
Juan Manuel Torres Palma.
Computer Science Student at Universidad de Granada.