This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Don't use -Wno-uninitialized in math/
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 18:00:57 +0000
- Subject: Don't use -Wno-uninitialized in math/
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
The uninitialized variable warnings in math/ having been fixed for all
the supported floating-point formats, this patch removes the use of
-Wno-uninitialized there, continuing with the goal of avoiding -Wno-
options in makefiles as far as possible..
Tested for x86_64 and x86 (full build and testsuite runs), and for
powerpc and mips64 (verified that glibc builds without errors).
2015-08-20 Joseph Myers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* math/Makefile (CFLAGS): Don't add -Wno-uninitialized.
diff --git a/math/Makefile b/math/Makefile
index d3b483d..c98c3c4 100644
@@ -249,9 +249,6 @@ ifneq ($(long-double-fcts),yes)
math-CPPFLAGS += -DNO_LONG_DOUBLE -D_Mlong_double_=double
-# The fdlibm code generates a lot of these warnings but is otherwise clean.
-override CFLAGS += -Wno-uninitialized
# The -lieee library is actually an object file.
# The module just defines the _LIB_VERSION_ variable.
# It's not a library to make sure it is linked in instead of s_lib_version.o.
Joseph S. Myers