This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Another GLIBC build error with GCC6
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>, Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 16:20:18 +0000
- Subject: Re: Another GLIBC build error with GCC6
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1437496279 dot 19674 dot 126 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <1437507995 dot 19674 dot 136 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <55AEA71B dot 2020405 at redhat dot com> <1437509796 dot 19674 dot 138 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <55AEB7FF dot 1000405 at redhat dot com> <1437518197 dot 19674 dot 152 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <20150721224637 dot 1E0102C3B32 at topped-with-meat dot com> <55AF30A1 dot 2030402 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <1439914341 dot 16261 dot 29 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey>
On Tue, 18 Aug 2015, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> This patch looks good to me and works fine on MIPS, now that the GLIBC
Have you verified that the generated code (with --disable-werror or older
GCC) is unchanged before and after the patch (as it should be)? If so, I
also think it should be checked in.
Maybe eventually these implementations can be replaced using Ondřej's
generic string function infrastructure.
Joseph S. Myers